Rabbits make wonderful indoor companions, and the following tips can help you create a successful and enjoyable living arrangement for you and your furry friend. First tip: If you let your rabbit roam free, be prepared to find droppings in odd places before your bunny is litter-box trained.
- Spay or neuter to help prevent problems with health and behaviour.
- Careful rabbit-proofing minimizes damage to both home and rabbit.
- Have patience when litter box training.
- A proper diet is key to good health.
- Daily exercise makes for a healthy and happy bunny.
- Frequent grooming keeps down excess fluff in the house.
- Knowing your rabbit’s normal behaviour can help detect illness.
- Regular cleaning is good for both your home and your bunny.
- Use playtime as a way to build a trusting relationship.